We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The forces of technology and globalization are rapidly changing the nature of work. Savvy job seekers know that they need to prepare for these predicted workplace developments.
In the changing job market you must both anticipate changes as well as prepare in an organized yet flexible manner.
Flexibility , training , education and most important preparation with all of these factors as well as psychological preparation of yourself and your mindset .
What are these changes that are occurring for you to constantly observe and anticipate in your ongoing preparation in this ever changing employment market ?
1) Technology will continue to advance and will affect how, when and where business is done; the pace of work: and how people communicate.
2) The global economy will continue to result in some jobs being outsourced to other countries and will lead to more mergers, and management changes. Resourcefulness, adaptability, and efficiency will be essential for workers to succeed.
3) International time differences will demand flexible hours and possibly extra hours to communicate to conduct business.
4) A complex and diverse workforce will require workers to be flexible, respect differences, and work together to increase productivity.
5) Workers can expect to change jobs about ten times during their working career.
Managing one’s career is a must.
6) Small businesses will prosper, and home based businesses and services will multiply. Entrepreneurial skills and attitudes will be important.
7) The fastest growing occupations are computers , preventive health care , and other health and human services , such as registered nursing , social work , police work and after September 12 security .
8) Most of the fastest-growing occupations will require specific post-secondary education, on-the-job training, or a bachelor’s degree. Education and training will be especially critical.-
To gain a competitive edge, today’s job seekers must know about changes like these and demonstrate a positive attitude that shows that they are ready, willing, and able to take on these challenges.
There are nine success strategies to follow to help you achieve your full career potential. These success strategies profoundly affect career success at every step/
1) Positive thinking and behavior
2 ) Visualizations
3 ) Positive self talk
4) Affirmation self-talk
5) Dynamic goal setting
6 ) Positive action
7) Assertive behavior
8) Self-esteem builders
9) Proactive habits
These nine success strategies and behaviors are major career enhancers that help transform goals into realizations. Pay close attention to any that are new ideas for you. They provide wide-ranging benefits; you can use them to
– Create and sustain your inner drive
– Increase your confidence
– generate mental and physical energy
– Guide you toward your goals
– Improve your performance
It is shocking but true: The most qualified person is not always the one who gets the job or promotion.
The person hired is the one whom the employer perceives to be the most qualified. Your experience, skills, resumes, and more – your entire job search package – are greatly enhanced when you practice these key job search success strategies.
The employment scene is changing worldwide in a major ongoing way.
Prepare for your employment career with both analytical skills as well as psychological preparation thoroughly .